Washington Park Cemetery Association, Inc. which owns and operates the Community Life Center (Hereinafter called the CLC) shall not be liable for non-performance of a function/event when such non-performance is attributable to labor troubles, disputes or strikes, accidents, government (Federal, State and Municipal) regulations of, or restriction upon travel or transportation, non-availability of food, beverage, riots, national emergencies, acts of God and other causes whether enumerated herein or not, which are beyond the reasonable control of the CLC, preventing or interfering with the CLC’s performance.
A nonrefundable deposit of $750.00 is required at the time of booking. This nonrefundable deposit serves to hold the venue for a specified date and is not transferable to other dates.
After the $750 down payment has been paid the payment policy is as follows: 6 months prior to wedding, 50% payment will be due and 30 days prior to wedding, the final payment will be due. The remaining agreed upon fees are due no less than 30 days prior to the event.
A $500.00 damage deposit (separate check) is due 30 days prior to the event, along with the final payment. The damage deposit will in no way limit the liability of the lessee or any other person for damages relating to or arising out of this agreement or the use of the CLC. The CLC may apply the damage deposit to cover any such damages, and the Lessee is responsible and shall reimburse the CLC for any and all damages above and beyond the damage deposit. Upon the conclusion of an event, an inspection of the meeting/banquet rooms that have been rented will be completed by the CLC. If there is no damage to the rooms rented, no violation of the contract and no other amounts are owed to the CLC in connection with the event, the damage deposit will be refunded.
The Lessee is responsible for all arrangement and all expenses of shipping materials, merchandise, exhibits, and any other items to or from the CLC. The CLC must be notified in advance of shipping arrangements to ensure proper acceptance of these items. The Lessee shall plainly identify materials with the event name, event date and the notation- “Not for CLC Use” on all shipping labels.
- The CLC is responsible for the setup and teardown of the event (tables, chairs and linens).
- The Lessee is responsible for trash collection throughout the event.
- Event setup is not permitted before 9:00 a.m. on the date of the event. Celebratory events shall not begin before 5:30 p.m. (Monday-Friday) and 4:30 p.m. (Saturday). All guests must vacate the premises by 12:00 a.m. Cleanup of the facility must be completed by 1:00 a.m. If not, a $250.00 per half hour fee will be charged against the damage deposit.
- The CLC is not responsible for any item left in the CLC prior to, or following any function. All items must be removed from the property immediately following the event. CLC may discard any remaining items without incurring any liability.
- No materials of any kind shall be displayed or attached to any surface in the facility.
- No confetti, glitter, rice, loose beads smaller than 1 inch in diameter, or birdseed is allowed inside or outside the facility. Only Artificial floral petals can be thrown inside the CLC facility and only real flower petals can be thrown outside. Violations will result in a $250 cleaning fee being charged against the damage deposit.
- No candelabras, aside from the unity candle which may be lit during the wedding ceremony only, are permitted on the CLC premises.
- Candles must be contained in a votive or hurricane lamp.
- If any of the CLC props or decorations are utilized, the lessee is responsible for placement and return of said items.
- Additional facilities or services may be available. These facilities or services may involve additional cost. Requests should be made at least fourteen (14) days in advance to the CLC.
- The CLC may request that the Lessee obtain and pay for bonded security personnel when merchandise or exhibits are displayed or held overnight, or in other circumstances where the CLC determines that security is appropriate.
- For any event in which the primary audience will be individuals 18 years of age or younger, 1 security officer per 150 youth will be required. Security must be arranged through the Community Life Center. Clients will be billed $350 per officer.
- All alcoholic beverages must be purchased from the CLC. It is against Indiana State Law to bring outside liquor of any kind onto the CLC premises. If outside liquor is found, it will be confiscated and the violator will be asked to vacate the premises.
- Bar services may last no longer than 6 hours and must end not later than 11:00 p.m.
- The lessee accepts all responsibility for his or her actions and all the actions of the lessee’s guests in regard to alcohol consumption. The CLC reserves the right to restrict drinking privileges to any and all persons.
- CLC security is required at all events when alcohol is served, The first officer is included with the cost of the facility. It is the managers discretion if more that one officer is required and Lessee agrees to pay the cost of additional security.
- Lessee agrees to meet the minimum alcohol expenditure and pay the difference if the minimum expenditure is not met.
Wedding rehearsal dates and times are subject to the availability of the CLC and take place the Thursday before your event.
The CLC reserves the right to approve or edit any advertising material concerning events held at the facility. All printed materials should refer to the facility as The Community Life Center.
Smoking is not permitted inside any of the CLC campus buildings.
Children under the age of twelve (12) shall be accompanied by an adult at all times when on this property.
Tax Exempt Client
If your group is tax-exempt, State Sales Tax Exempt Certificate is required to be on file at our facility prior to the event/function. Tax Exemption will be honored if payment of the function is made by check or credit card from the appropriate exempt organization. No tax exemption will be honored with a cash transaction or personal check.
The Rights of the CLC
The CLC reserves the right to move functions to other meeting/banquet rooms other than those appearing on the Event Confirmation with prior notification.
- The lessee will be responsible for the personal conduct, safety and welfare of its representatives, guests, participants, employees, workers or independent contracts while on the premises.
- The Caterer/Lessee shall abide by and comply with all rules and regulations prescribed by the CLC for the management and operation of the premises and all rules and regulations of the CLC; all applicable laws, rules, ordinances and regulations on the United States of America, the State of Indiana, the Counties of Marion and Hamilton, the Cities of Indianapolis, Carmel and Lawrence and the Town of Speedway and any board, agency, or bureau thereof. Parties agree that there shall be no segregation or discrimination practiced at the CLC because of race, color, creed, gender or disability against any person or participant in such event as held.